April 06, 2007

How Deep The Father's Love

What a wonderful weekend it will be! Isn't it wonderful that the season in which the Resurrection happened is the most prettiest season of the entire year. Yes the Fall does have wonderful colors but those are the colors ending the external life of the plant life. In the Spring everything is in bloom! New life is happening all around us and that new life is full of wonderful colors.
What better way to celebrate this weekend of remembrance than surrounded by the beautiful colors of Spring. And yes we realize that it is not the Spring season all over the globe...but we are so glad it is here and that we have this season to help us remember the life that was given to us through the Son. Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy the lyrics to a beautiful song in remembrance of Him.


How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power's, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom



No comments: