November 05, 2007

Smile Like You Mean It

So I have figured I have made you all wait long enough without a new post. So here we are sitting in the living room watching the start of MNF, the Steelers are wearing their ugly throw-back uni's and it reminded me to blog.

OK, maybe not.

Here's what's new...

-going back to the weekend of Oct. 20th and 21st. Amy flew to Miami to attend the wedding of her cousin Michael. So Amy got to spend a 2nd weekend this month with Momma Allen! Sounds like the family had a great weekend and Amy did come home with a few pictures...but this is my favorite.
(hopefully i won't get punched, pinched, or smacked for posting this picture)

-The following weekend of the 27th and 28th our friend Cassie came into town. (Cassie you got a shout out, more reason to check the blog as frequent as once per week, thank you very much) and so we hung out with her and Wendy most of the time. Had good outings, good food, and good laughs. Best quote of Friday night..."You want to lick the inside of my bag?" ****NOT sexual in any way!!!**** good one Stivers. (another shout out)
Sat. night was spent at tour house making burritos! We could give chipotle a run for it's money with the burritos we made that night. Here's a tasty picture...
Josh, you'd be proud of my huge bite. (shout out)

We also lit up the clay chimenea that my parents gave to us last Christmas. It's taken us that long to actually put it to use. But it was awesome! I google how to maintain one and get it ready to light a fire in and i got my learn on. I got it all ready and off it went!What a beaut.



-Halloween night was a lot of fun. We did our annual 'mugging' of Spring Hill for Grace Park and we actually hosted a cook-out in our drive way for out neighborhood for the families trick-or-treating. So it was a lot of fun and the weather cooperated this year. Big Ups to the weather last week.

-Then came this past weekend. We went to the the local corn maze at the Rippavilla Plantation. It was the last weekend open so we hit it up and wandered around in it for about 45 minutes. Every year it is a new design and here it is.
So that was fun with friends and then the rest of the weekend we did nothing special. Alright...this lappy is getting hot on my lap. Until next time...smile like you mean it!

Peace out!

2 comments:

Cassie B said...

YES! I made the Llanes blog. I love it! I promise to be more faithful :)

Anonymous said...

I love the chimenea!!!!
I hope you can get a lot of use of it this winter.