June 12, 2009

To Know or NOT To Know...

that is the question.

At first I was very determined to find out the gender of our baby when we could find out.  Then after talking to a few friends who did not find out their baby's gender...we figured we would wait too and be surprised.  Now I think we are swinging the other direction again and wanting to find out the gender.

I don't know which would be better...?

Some people argue that knowing is better because you get to plan so much more than not knowing. And if you know me well, I am a planner and like to be organized.  But at the same time this maybe the last surprise we could ever have to wait for.  

Yes, in a way, we will have waited 5 or so  months before we can find out and it can be a surprise...but it is not the norm to go the full 9 months without finding out.  Again, if you know me well, you know I like to be different than the rest at times.  

Needless to say we are still debating whether to find out or not...we have about a month (I think) before we can find out.  And just trying to decide what to decide is taking a toll.

So do I want to plan it all out knowing the gender and be the norm, or do I want to go against the norm and not have as much prepared as we could if we did know?
(as I typed that out and read it a few time over, I think I might have made up my mind)

I just don't want every decision that involves this child to be this tough but I also realize that they all won't be cake walk decisions.
I want a cake walk kid.
And if the baby smelled like cake that would be good too.

oh Wishful Thinking, I can tell that we are gonna be friends.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

There is always a chance that you will decide to find out but the baby won't show you anything. So maybe you will luck out and the baby will decide for you!

Wendy said...

Or it will be a boy and you will have no choice in finding out...he will just show you!
I miss you two...err...uh...three! You are in my thoughts and prayers often! I love you!