February 07, 2009

The 1st week of February



...has been out of control crazy busy!

-Started last Sat. when it was my birthday, or as I like to call it "Birfday", and I bought new running shoes with the money I received from family. I bought them around 12:30 then at 2:30 I was running. I ran 4.5 miles. 2 hours after my run, I could not put any weight on my right foot. It hurt really bad. I was limping hard going to my birthday dinner and it was not a pretty sight. My good friend Jason Martin checked me out and said the shoes I got are good for my stabilization since I pronate a lot...but they made the outsides of my feet work like they never have. Which lead to soreness and irritation. So sure enough as the days went by this past week the soreness has lessened. Today I managed 1 mile before my foot started hurting today so I walked so that I wouldn't limp around for the next 3 days.

-Work is where the really busy stuff came onto my plate as we are closing the month of January and doing preliminary work for the auditors which get here this upcoming week. So I have a busy time at work everyday and it looks like this next week is holding more of the same for me. Being busy makes the time go by faster but then you also don't feel like you don't have enough time to finish the work! It's like a catch 22.

-I started geocaching as of my birthday weekend. My friend Jason Davis has been geocaching for awhile and he told me there was now a geocaching application for the iPhone. So I checked it out and Sunday afternoon Josh and I were out in the woods trying to find one. We attempted 3 that day and only found 1 of them...it is a lot tough than I thought it would be. But I have been wanting to go out everyday and find some out...it's kind of addicting.

-I have been really enjoying good company lately. I feel really blessed to have some really good friends come into my life lately. After Greg and Josh left town I was really sad b/c those guys I met with weekly to talk and hang out. But I knew I would find new company, and I have, but I have also spent more time with friends I have had and it has been great times. I hope I am seen and accepted as a good friend to those I feel are great friends to me.

-I have been listening to some new music so i will have to post about it soon. I also thought I would make up some playlists on here for different moods or occasions just so that you all can get some ideas or even discover some artists that you haven't heard about before. I also thought of the idea of picking out some songs that always bring back certain memories when I listen to them. We all have those songs...so i'll be posting about that soon.


I started this post on Sat. night but before I could finish my great friend Justin wanted to hang out so I left it unosted until today. Hanging out with a guy like Justin is way rewarding. And yes...work is crazy busy...still.

1 comment:

LandA said...

Geocaching is so much fun! We haven't done it since we moved here but had a lot of fun finding caches around Stephenville. Once when we were geocaching with L's entire family (including the grandparents) a policeman got called on us because someone thought we were trying to break into a high school and steal some of their livestock in the ag barn. It was really funny.