January 30, 2009

The Work Place

I figured most of you do not know what I do for work or who I work for. If I am your friend on Facebook you know that I am an accountant at a place called Passport Health Communications. And some of you know that it is in the health care industry, which next to entertainment, is the biggest industry in Nashville.

Well consider this an informative post about Passport Health. Here is the text from an "Elevator Speak" poster around work that explains what we do overall.


Passport sells products and services to help hospitals and other health
care providers get paid for their services more quickly and easily. We provide
important information about patients, such as insurance coverage and current
address and even collect payments from patients.

Specific points:
• Passport uses the Internet to transfer information between providers and insurance companies.
• For example, when you go to the hospital or a doctor, they might be
using Passport’s software to verify your current insurance coverage, determine
how much you owe and even to run your credit card for that amount.
• By increasing the speed and ease at which hospitals and other health care providers get information about their patients, we help them run their businesses more
efficiently.
• We work with more than 5,300 health care providers across the
U.S. – in all 50 states, in fact. Passport is one of the largest, most
successful companies in our field.



And within the health care aspect our company is more on the technological side of the health care industry. I am one of a many that is on our administration side of operations and help with accounting duties. And my actual job responsibilities are pretty broad from helping on month end close procedures to gathering information for sales people and clients.

I don't want to bore you with the mundane details of my pencil pushing job, but I did want to inform you all of who I work for. With the economy the way it is, Passport is set to have some success because of our market and our products that aim at making health provider's jobs easier in their overall process.

Well I love my job and the people I work with...so I consider myself very fortunate to be in the position I am in.

No comments: