March 20, 2007

Devil's Haircut

We had not had the dogs of ours groomed in awhile and their hair was in really bad need of being cut. So We finally made an appointment for them to get their hair cuts today and all the other grooming needs they provide for the dogs.

From work I called Amy about 3pm and asked if they had called her to see if the dogs had been ready yet and she told me she already had them at the house. So I ask if they look OK. We had been skeptical of trying out a new place...which we ended up doing anyway. She tells me Bugsy looks fine...just really skinnier since they cut his hair off.
Not too bad...but yeah...he looks really skinny!



And then she said I would have to be the judge of Rupert's cut.
Geez...what you think if you were told that?
Well here's what I found when I got home...

Some kind of lion hair cut maybe...?
Oh my I could not keep from laughing at him. Well next time we will have to be really specific when we take him to the groomers office to get groomed. Given this is only the second time we have had to take him to the groomers but I guess we should had stuck with our initial groomer for Rupert. He's the one who has to live with this thing.
Poor little guy...I almost don't want to walk him so other dogs don't point and laugh at him
...or other people point and laugh at me. Ha!
But alas it will grow back and there is comfort in that.
I've been telling Rupert this all night.

9 comments:

Mimi said...

That is soooo funny! I'm laughing with you!

Anonymous said...

My poor babies! What's a grandmother to do when so far away! At least put on their little sweaters. They look so cold, and maybe that would allow them some dignity while walking their owners. Oh well, maybe this will not warp their little personalities too much.....Love Mom.

Anonymous said...

all i have to say is props on the headers being song titles, sweet idea

jason.davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jason.davis said...

On that note: I went by your house yesterday afternoon to drop the Nooma video off and when Amy opened the door, Rupert got out. He was probably running away from Amy seeing how in his world she is the lady that took her to get such a crazy haircut in the first place. Anyways, there were kids across the street at a new house for sale and Rupert went after them with a vengeance, barking with all his lion-head could muster. It was hilarious. The two kids' eyes get real big and they start screaming and running for the door. They got in the house and closed the door right as Rupert got to them. I think they were scared because of the haircut. (not really but it was great.) I haven't stopped laughing yet.

Anonymous said...

that is funny Isaac. He looks like Fred! love it.

Anonymous said...

that is funny Isaac. He looks like Fred! love it.

Anonymous said...

okay so I comment and it shows up twice. Yeah... lame

laura g said...

rupert looks so sad, sitting there looking up at the camera. at least it is warm weather, so maybe he could be convinced this is just his summer do. poor thing... so funny.