April 28, 2008

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Weekend update:

Friday night we went to bed around 9pm to be up by illegal hour of 4am. Why? B/c we're silly enough to volunteer at the Country Music Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. We had to be in downtown Nashville on site by 5:15 am.

To top it all off it was raining till right fter the race started at 7am. It was wet, cold, and quite miserable. Then, behold, someone found a starbucks 2 blocks away in the doubletree hotel lobby! So we warmed up until the sun finally decided to come out and dry everything and warm us back up.

We left around noon and Amy had to work the rest of the day until Sunday afternoon, so she went to the Jacobs' house to nap before picking up the girls and I went home to fall asleep to the draft. ahh yes.


Car trouble:
So i had to miss work on thursdy b/c my car decided it needed more coolant. I know, I shouldn't have deprived it and that is how it repaid me. Go I went to add the coolant mixture and then i saw the car spilling the new oolant ll over the garage floor. grrrrrrrrrreat. By that time it was 8:30 and i was already an hour late to work. So I drove it to the nearest auto repair place and i have a leak in one of the connections...but unfortunately there was a line of cars to repair before mine. long story short...my car was not ready till 5pm. So I spent my day home...cleaning the kitchen, mowing the yard, and pulling weeds from the flower beds. Then I went to play racquetball at our new Spring Hill Rec Center, which is brand new and amazing.
OK, I digress...back to the car...so after my nap, I called my friend Burke and i was going to go over to his house to hang but my car would not start! He came over to jump it...I let it run...go over to his house...5 hours later...had to jump my car again to come back home.
Sunday morning, my car actually starts! I run it over to AutoZone and they say i have a bad battery. But we bought it not too long ago...soooo...still under 3 year warranty...hellooooo new free battery! Now my car is running like before and we are all happy and living harmoniously again.

OK...now to bring the title of this post full circle...
After helping out at the marathon this weekend I have decided to (drum roll) to run the 1/2 marathon next year here in town. ( i know you thought i would say full marathon, but i'll pace myself...maybe the full in 2 years...?)

I called my brother Isai and he is going to prepare a running training program/schedule for me and i am going to work and find some 5k's and 10k's to run in between then. I am actually excited and am looking forward to it! I do like to run and if i keep up playing Ultimate and racquetball it'll be super cardio man.

So you have read it here...by next year April 25th, 2009 at 7am I will be starting the Country Music 1/2 marathon!

2 comments:

Josh said...

i'll hang with you in the hospital the next day

Mimi said...

Impressive. You won't ever catch me running one of those...