October 07, 2008

Color Of A Lonely Heart Is Blue

...as sing the Old 97's. The color of this blog is blue and it's been lonely, so very lonely.

I am here to clear off the cobwebs, dust the menus, and write a new post. However the color of this blog will stay blue (that is unless you are using a reader to read this).


A lot has happened since the last time there was posted...here we go...

+ Isaac's trip to Houston. I was able to fly down to Houston the last weekend of Sept. to attend the wedding of my friends Tony and Angela. And it was a blast! I stayed out later than I have in a really long time...but it was worth it to be able to hang out with friends I had not seen in forever. Also had a great lunch with some cousins of mine...great times. And as always...great to visit with Andy and Mom and Dad. Those who i did not get to see...i'll be in the area for a few days in December.

+ It's already October! This past year has flown by! As of Sept. 24th I have been working for Passport for a year...and it has felt like i have worked here for 2 months! I still enjoy my job...so that is something that i am very very grateful for. Now we are heavy into football season and post-season baseball...Oct. is a good month. Not to mention the weather around here as been so amazing...it is unreal.


+ Spring Hill's Country Ham Festival. This is a huge festival held in our little suburban town and it brings out everyone to join in. Still not sure why they call it the Country Ham Festival other than they sell country ham's. But they do also have pig races, hog calling competitions, and pig chases. OK...now we sound like true Tennessee hillbillies in our town.

Amy and I volunteered and we had trash duty...in the food area...at the height of the lunch rush. We were so busy. And if you want to be a servant...spend an afternoon picking up everyone's trash as they eat nachos, funnel cakes, fried snickers, BBQ Sandwiches, and all your favorite carnival style foods. When you are handling trash...you get some interesting looks...but you never hear..."thanks for your service!" If you are at an event and there are volunteers...please be sure to thank them b/c if it were not for volunteers the event would not be a success.

Also learned that we as Americans waste a lot of food. We threw away so many bags full of food that i was getting so irritated. I know it is an obvious thing that we waste a lot of food...but right there in front of us was clear evidence, so the thought of it is still fresh on my mind.


+ TV Shows Back in Full Swing. Now that all the shows are back...we have so much stuff recorded on our DVR. DVR is so awesome b/c instead of always being in front of the TV we can watch our favorite shows whenever we want to or have time to sit down and enjoy them. As bad as reality TV is...our favorites have always been Survivor and Amazing Race and Top Chef will soon be back on again with a new season. We are TV junkies...it's embarassing. And trying to watch TV shows around football and baseball...I am frying my brain.

+ New Listenings.

The Gabe Dixon Band's self titled album that was recently released.
I have been listening to a lot of this album and I am still amazed by it.
It's just really good piano driven tunes that are an easy listen.

I am not usually really impressed by most Christian artists but Brandon Heath
is really good and we both have really enjoyed his music.
This is his sophmore album that was released in August.
And props to my little brother Andy for turning me on to
his music while I borrowed the truck in Houston.

1 comment:

LandA said...

I made a pandora radio station for both of the artists you recommended. Thanks! I'll tell you what I think.