April 28, 2009

Priceless

The time has come...the time is upon us...
Amy and I have a little bun in the oven!

We have known for a little over a month now and we have been dying to tell everyone on the inter webs!

We had our first OB visit yesterday and it made it official. Especially after seeing that little heart beating so fast did it finally sink in for me. It was surreal.

It is time for parenthood for us. We are so excited and nervous about what will be in store for us in the future. I have all ready buckled my seat belt tight because it is going to be a ride!

Amy is about nine weeks along now and the projected due date is November 28th. What a holiday treat huh? While Amy is kicking it 9 months too big I'll be kicking back with some pecan and pumpkin pies! Geez it feels like Nov 2008 was just yesterday and to think that by next Christmas we'll have a third Llanes in the clan is beyond my comprehension right now.

Amy is battling a respiratory infection right now that is making her cough non-stop. We had to take her to a walk-in clinic on Saturday because she had no sleep on Friday night because she was up coughing. We got her some drugs that would not hurt the baby and then yesterday at our appt. the Doc gave us some antibiotics for her chest. After to days of rest she seems to be on the up and up. However, now my throat is starting to hurt. yikes!
(Sam, we know now what you guys go through! of course your case involves kiddos)

OK, well I took some NyQuil a few minutes ago and it is starting to kick in.
If you guys have questions or want to contact Amy her email is:
amyllanes AT gmail DOT com

Soon this blog will be all about the baby that is being made inside of Amy. What a miracle it is!

5 comments:

Pwood said...

Hey Guys! Just wanted to say congrats! Corey and I are so happy for ya'll! What an exciting time ahead of you!

Samantha said...

Thats AWESOME!! Maggie's birthday is November 28th! Hooray for you guys!

Holly Heston said...

Congratulations, guys!!! THat is so exciting. You are in for an adventure!

Scott and Cassie said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!!! I'm so excited for your family :) Can't wait to see the cuteness you will produce!!!

Erin and Jens said...

How great! You're going to love being parents. I'm glad you found my blog so that I could find yours! We're so high-tech.